Monday, May 21, 2012

Flower Power

My mom and I share the love for flowers so one day she asked if I would do something fun and flowery on her nails. I had absolutly no ide what I would do. But then like always google saved my life! I found some of the cutest and not so difficult flower designs. But this one was special because they werent perfect and yet looked so pretty. I just had to do them!
What you will need:
  1. A Base Colour (I went for light blue)
  2. A Light and Dark Version of the Same Colour (Pink for me)
  3. A Green (Light and Dark if you have them)
  4. A White Nail Pen
  5. Glitter polishes (Optional!)
Steps:
  1. Firstly, get a nice and even base coat on the go. Sometimes I’m tempted to leave them as is but I get bored after like an hour! Wait for them to dry before the next step.
  2. Next, get the darker of your chosen colours and make round-ish blobs on your nails, remember you’ll be adding leaves in so leave some space for them!
  3. So wait for them to dry again. And get your green and just do two little flicks from each blob. Don’t try and be too exact, no-one will notice if they’re a bit dodgy. Then once you’ve done that get your lighter flower color and just put three marks in each blob. Now wait to dry. Oh I put a second coat of glitter polish on that odd nail too, of you’re doing the same.
  4. Right so you could just leave the nails as they are if you don’t have any pens because they actually look quite cute! But I just highlighted the edges in white and added some little pink glitter hints to the flowers and green glitter hints to the leaves. I then added some polka dots to the ring finger. Wait for it to dry and lastly, seal it all in with a nice, clear topcoat!



And tada beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment