Monday, May 21, 2012

Newspaper!

House hold items put to a good use:) Newspaper print nails! This design I came upon when just google searching and it caught my eye right way! Its a classic yet fun design for any day wear. The good thing about it too is that its so super easy! It only took me about ten minuets to finish all my nails. This is by far one of my most favorite designs to do.
Things that you will need:
  1. Rubbing alcohol
  2. Clear Base/Topcoat polish
  3. Light Nail Polish (preferably White)
  4. Black and White print Newspaper
Steps:
1. Put one layer of a base coat and one layer of the white. I recommend use a light color, preferably white or grey.

*NOTE* It’s important that nails dry completely, so instead of putting the second coat on a half-dry first coat, it’s better to wait until the first coat is 100% dry. After 2 completely dry coats of white, your nails should be all and even and complete shade of white.

2. Take a strip of newspaper. Make sure you have an area with just words, no gaps or paragraph breaks. Dip your nail in rubbing alcohol then place the newspaper strip over your entire nail. For complete coverage, I took an alcohol-dampened cotton ball and firmly pressed the newspaper strip to my nail. Hold down in a steady position for about 10-15 seconds.

3. Once you remove the newspaper strip and you’re happy with the results, put a clear and shiny topcoat polish on to protect the news ink

1 comment:

  1. I love doing this one, it is one of my very favorites and so easy. Thanks for saying you can do the base coat any color I am going to have to try it, I have only done it with white.

    ReplyDelete