Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stripes!

Lets go a little out of the box with some more innovative ideas. One of my most favorite things to use when painting my nails is scotch tape. It allows me to tape off a certain area of nail that i don't want to paint. It gives a wide variety of designs, anything is really possible. One of my first attempts at a semi challenging tape design was racing stripes.
Things you'll Need:
  1. Grey nail polish 
  2. yellow polish
  3. Sparkly polish
  4. Clear top coat
  5. Scotch tape!
Steps:



  1. Take the base color you have chosen(grey) and create a think base layer. I personally wanted a darker scheme of colors but feel free to substitute my colors for your own.
  2. Take your pre cut scotch tape pieces and tape off the left side of your nail.
  3. With the brighter color(yellow) paint over the part of the nail that is not taped. Wait till dry to move on to next step.
  4. Get another pre cut piece of tape and put it on the bottom half of the nail, covering one fourth of the brighter color from step 3.
  5. Paint over the non taped section.
  6. Take the sparkle polish and go over the section that doesn't have any color to give it some pzazz!
*NOTE* feel free to tape off however you would like, mine was just the way I chose to go. BE creative and try something new:)

No comments:

Post a Comment