Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Presious

Whimsical and just plain cute, is what comes to mind when I draw or paint a bow. So if I can draw or paint one on normal paper why not nails? I was trying to get a good idea for my cousins wedding that is coming up and this design just stuck with me. The best thing about it to me is the sparkles:) I absolutely love the shimmering, so the more the better!
Things you'll Need:
  1. Light baby blue nail polish. (Can be substituted for any other pastel color)
  2. Sparkly, Glittery nail polish. (I personally like China Glaze grey glitter)
  3. Little nail jewels that can me easily applied.
  4. Clear coat of nail polish.
  5. White nail polish, for the bows.
  6. Tooth picks. (5-6)
Steps:
  1. Take the light pastel color you chose for the base coat. Go over each nail twice till you have an even and bright color.
  2. Wait 5-7 minuets till the base color is completely dry.
  3. Take the white nail polish and one of your tooth picks and just dip the tip into the polish and make a T shape across the nail. Over the T make two diagonal C's that connect in the middle. And then make two line coming out of the middle if the C shapes curving at the ends.
  4. Do this next part fast when the white is still semi wet. Take one of the crystal nail jewels and place it directly in the middle of the C shapes with another tooth pick.
  5. Once you repeated this to every nail put the clear coat over the nail and a little extra over the jewel to make sure it stays on.
  6. Take the sparkly color and dip a tooth pick in and trace parts of the bow to give it the idea that is moving, or just to make it look prettier.
*NOTE* If you want to change it up a little bit you can take one of your nails and make it the sparkly color I listed in the Needed items. It gives the design a little pop and shimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment